Our mission is to provide an education that challenges each child to be the best that he or she can be within a safe and nurturing environment. Our vision is to provide a world class education for every child.
Wittmann Elementary School endeavors to provide a total education for its pupils by:
- Helping students gain command of fundamental processes basic to their future learning.
- Encouraging a desire for learning.
- Teaching students self-discipline and responsibility.
- Emphasizing students’ strengths.
- Teaching students to respect the rights and beliefs of others.
The ubiquitous chant at Wittmann is, “We are Wittmann”. It’s a rallying cry that embodies our school’s collaborative environment that recognizes that all stakeholders are important in the education of our students. We’re excited to be entering our 44th year of providing a “world class” education and we’re confident that this year will be amongst our best! Recognized as a Gold Ribbon School & California Distinguished School, Wittmann ranks among the top 5% of elementary schools in the entire state. It’s a designation that recognizes our committed staff, our involved parents, and our dedicated students…the “We” in the “We are Wittmann”.
Wittmann’s veteran teaching staff is committed to challenging students at the utmost levels of critical thinking. A majority of the staff attended training over the summer months in preparation for the transition into the new Common Core State Standards. We’re proud to offer a rigorous, standards-based curricula as the foundation of an instructional program that is both meaningful and engaging. Of course, our powerful learning environment produces prevailing results as measured by the annual state-mandated test scores.
While student achievement is our highest priority, at Wittmann, we believe that we are educating the “whole child.” A firm, fair, and consistent behavioral program sets a respectful tone that permeates throughout the entire campus. Our school wide “Peacebuilders” program promotes peaceful interactions amongst staff and students through a system of Praise Notes, Peace Preferrals, and the Peacebuilders classroom curricula.
Beyond our rigorous core curricula, Arts education is supported through Wittmann’s Beginning and Advanced Bands, Art 4 Kids, weekly Music Rotation Classes, Spring Musical, and abundant field trips to performances at the nearby Cerritos Performing Arts Center. Health education is buttressed by weekly standards-based physical education classes, lunchtime sports tournamen ts, as well as our annual ‘Jump-a-thon’ and ‘Wittmann Olympics’ events.We accomplished so much this year including, but not limited to the following:
- A Math Olympiad Team that ranks in the top 10% nationally and won a Silver Medal at the LACOE Math Field Day.
- 18 1st place winners in the LA County Fair Arts Completion.
- A drama/music program that all students get to experience every week.
- Computer coding and typing classes for all students.
- A Robotics program for students in grades 3-6 using Dash & Dot as well as flying drones.
- Our Girls Get Science program that encourages our female students to prepare for careers in science.
- Our Track Team that won 2nd place in at the district track meet.
- A Cultural/Language program that allows our students to experience: Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
Truly, Wittmann Elementary embodies a team environment that invites participation from all of our school’s stakeholders because we understand the strength and synergy that comes from unifying many people under a single vision of student success. We encourage all families to participate in our programs and in our classrooms; because, together…“We are Wittmann!”
Wittmann Elementary School